This unit is about sport. Doing sport is a lot of fun but often also involves a degree of risk. Pupils will learn about the effects of risk-taking, find out how a downhill mountain biker minimises risks and also talk about their attitude towards risk-taking.
- learn about a rescue mission and a rescue service
- analyse data about snow sports
- discuss reasons for doing sports
- meet world famous downhill mountain bikers
- consider and present their own attitudes towards risk-taking
They revise and learn the following language features:
- the use of the present perfect simple with adverbs of time
- the use of "either ... or", "or rather" and "both ... and"
- ** the use of the present perfect continuous
Task B, Step 2b