This Topic File is based on the film "New country ─ new home?". Pupils will meet young people who have migrated to Ireland and England and hear about their everyday lives in a new country. They will learn about the different reasons people have for migrating, how they settle into a new place and how they keep in touch with people back home.
- find out about the different reasons people have for migrating
- compare your experience of migration with those of other young people
- watch some Swiss students planning and acting out role plays about migration
They also ...
- do some research into migrants in their family history
- learn about migration in Ireland's history
- discuss how racism can affect migrants
- plan and act short role plays about migration
They practise and consolidate ...
- the present simple and past simple
- time clauses