This unit is about the India of today, a colourful country with a colonial past that left many traces of the British Empire. Pupils will learn about special events in India's history and look for important events within their own family. They will also get to know exciting places and some of the problems that India faces.
- read about the India of today and about some of its past
- listen to a conversation about a personal experience
- watch various news reports
- interview an older person about an important moment in his or her life
- get to know some sights in Kolkata and write a fact sheet about a place they like
They revise and learn the following language features:
- countable and uncountable nouns
- the use of pronouns and determiners such as "a few, a little", etc.
- the use of "who, where" and "when" as relative pronouns