What people like to wear changes over time, trends come and go. Personally, you may either be a fan of fashion or not care about it at all, but still we all are influenced by fashion.
This unit is about clothes we wear. Pupils will have a look at the materials they wear, where they come from and where the styles of our clothes may have originated.
- read and learn about unusual and common kinds of hats
- find out about the materials of the clothes they are wearing
- watch a film on how to sew a pill box hat
- learn about items of clothing that come from a specific place or region
They revise and learn the following language features:
- language to talk about the materials, colour and shape of clothing
- different tenses to talk about the past
- language to evaluate a presentation
- the present perfect
Focus on language
- Brenda's webpage
- ThreadBanger (a landing point for people who want to create and discover their own style through alternative fashion: recycling, up-cycling and re-fashioning anything and everything with simple sewing tools and techniques)