This unit is about comics and animation films. Pupils read about some well-known characters, get a scare from the story of Coraline and meet a young man who fell in love with two girls at the same time. Pupils will be able to see behind the scenes of a film set where a movie with animated puppets was produced.
- get to know about some comic book heroes and heroines
- read a scary comic story and work with dialogues
- find out how an animation film with puppets was made
- write and act out some dialogues
They revise and learn the following language features:
- the verb "look" used with adjectives
- adverbs of manner such as "gently"
- the use of "whose" as a relative pronoun and as a question word
- ** making guesses about past events with "must/might have done"
Task A, Step 7
Product Stories, Step 3
Task B, Step 9