Nobody knows exactly how many different kinds of animals, plants and microorganisms there are on earth. Every day, new animal and plant species are discovered. Unfortunately, every day some species also become extinct. In this Topic File, pupils will find out more about the variety of life on our planet, how it has changed over millions of years and still keeps changing.
- carry out Internet research into various areas of biodiversity
- learn in what ways biodiversity is important
- learn what can be done to preserve biodiversity
They also ...
- listen to and read some interviews
- investigate the layout and structure of new articles
- learn how to produce an article or an information poster
They practise and consolidate ...
- the past simple and continuous for conveying historical facts and events
- the future with "going to" referring to events based on evidence
- the future with "going to" to talk about intentions