In this unit, pupils are going to tune in to four radio stations from different corners of the world: north, south, east and west. Listening to the radio on the Internet allows their ears to go on a journey. They'll find out about funny and tragic things that happened to people. They will also be able to work on their own stories based on what they have heard.
- listen to and find out about different radio programmes
- write a letter to get back an object that they left behind in a hostel
- record an interview with someone who went missing
- use the interview to write their own texts
They revise and learn the following language features:
- language to talk about the weather
- question tags (..., doesn't it?)
- the use of the present perfect simple with "since"
- language to describe objects
Focus on language
Radio stations with documentary programmes
Free software programmes for editing audio files
Task B, News from Cape Town