This unit is about an adventure of a group of friends in the city of Leicester in England. They experience a story of crime, kidnapping, drugs - and friendship. In his thrilling crime novel "The Crew", the author Bali Rai describes the difficult world he lived in as a teenager.
- follow the story of a book written for English teenagers
- make suggestions to people in difficult situations
- examine the construction plan of a story
- take different perspectives to look at a story
They revise and learn the following language features:
- verbs followed by an -ing form or by a to-infinitive
- telling someone what to do
- different uses of the word "as"
- different uses of the -ing form